Okay so first off; I’m no where near what’s generally considered ‘professional’ but I’ve decided I wanted (more like need) to do paid commissions because, as I’ve reiterated several times before, I’m poor and have no job and ergo need money.
I’ll make another post later that details a better looking commission post thing but for now, this will be my outline and a heads-up for later.
- I’m turning off the Anonymous feature to asks for the time being so I can avoid further anon requests.
- Paid commissions, as mentioned above, will start immediately after Yukine-tan's request.
- Requests that have already been made and are listed on the Commission Queue page will be kept free because I think it’s rather UNFAIR if I just SUDDENLY ASK FOR MONEY when, at the time those INNOCENT BYSTANDERS made those requests, I wasn’t asking for anything.
- Also, five slots will be open for people who are willing to pay me for a drawing. The requests that are in queue are considered side projects.
As for the commissions themselves, I was thinking:
- B/W Line art
- Bust = $10
- Full body = $15
- Colour line art
- Bust = $15
- Full Body = $20
- Flat background only unless you want to specify a more detailed bg, then that’ll be an additional $5.
- +$5 for additional character for either B/W or coloured portraits.
- B/W Comic = ~$20-$25 Price might rise if more pages are added beyond ~5*
- Coloured Comic = ~$30-$35 Base colours will be standard but shaded with highlights and other details will cost an additional +$5
B/W line art usually takes me a few hours to finish, coloured line art might take a day, usually less. B/W comics usually take me a week, give or take. Colour comics take me about a week and a half, depending on how detailed the request is and if they want more than 5 pages completed. Note that it’s mostly the sketching that really slows me down, plus I like everything to be perfect to my own standards.
I would like to send these physically out to Requesters but since I’m working on fumes here (money-wise), I will have to submit the request digitally, depending on how the Requester wants it (email and/or on tumblr, I guess?). Unless maybe the Requester is willing to pay extra for some neato glossy pro paper for portraits and maybe bristol paper for comics (not too sure how the printing process will work with that but again, this is only an outline)?
Does that sound fair at all? I mean, I’m pretty sure that’s the general consensus with other artists who sell their work. I would like some advice on how to do this without being a total bellend.
*Requester can discuss with me via email on how long (roughly) they want their comic to be. Comic pacing might be rushed if the request is heavy with details and confined within 5 pages minimum.